The 3 card poker can be classified as casino table game rather than one of the variants of the classic poker. As compared to the other types of poker games this form of poker is more profitable to the player. 3 card poker was developed by Derek Webb in 1994 in order to amalgamate the excitement related to the poker to speed required for a casino table game. The rules of this game are quite simple and payouts can be large enough depending upon the betting done by the player himself. As per the data collected regarding the wins generated by the player in comparison to the casino, this game comes out to be heavily on the side of the player.
Game Play of 3 Card Poker
The main reason behind the rising popularity of 3 card poker can be attributed to the fact that it is not only easy to play but comes with the required fun quotient. The objective of the game is to generate the best poker hand from only three cards dealt to the player. The game starts with a player making an ante wager along with/or pair plus wager, betting on the outcome that there will be a hand of at least a pair or better than that. Three cards are dealt face down for the player and for himself by the dealer. The player can check his cards but cannot check dealer’s cards. By taking a look into his cards, the player takes a decision whether to pit his cards against that of the dealer or not. The outcomes related to the action taken by the player can result in following ways.
- If the player opts to fold is hand, the ante wager and if there is pair plus wager goes to the dealer.
- If the player places the play wager, the cards get turned to determine whether the player’s hand is stronger than that of the dealer.
- If the dealer’s hand is lower than the jack high the player is awarded with the play wager.
- If the dealer comes with queen high or better which is higher than the player’s hand, the dealer gets paid.
- If the player’s hand is stronger than that of the dealer, the player wins.
- If there is a tie, then both ante and play bets gets split.
- If the player’s hand is straight or better, he or she is rewarded with ante bonus regardless of the quality of the dealer’s hand.
How to Play 3 Card Poker Online
There are many online casino and gaming sites which are currently providing 3 card poker to their clients. If you want to play this game online then you can get membership of any of these online gambling sites and you are ready to rock and roll. While opting for any of the online casinos always go for the one which provides the best bonus offers. There are some casinos which are providing free slot games or hundreds of Pounds as additional bonuses. Before joining an online casino, you must check whether it is authorised by your local gambling authorities or commissions or not.